Bread making is a global phenomenon. The Romans made bread as early as the 3rd century B.C, followed by the Greeks. Bread can be made in a thousand different ways with a thousand different ingredients. It has united cultures across centuries, geographies, and history. The Indian flatbread or chapati has a history of its own. Today it has become a popular staple in the USA as well. Not just among the Indian diaspora but the international community that lives in different parts of the United States of America. So we have listed the best chapati maker in the USA, you can refer the guide and decide for yourself.
Why get a Chapati Maker?
Chapati, also known as roti, making is no longer a messy process, and in fact, chapati makers have undoubtedly made the art of making chapatis easier, better, and more efficient. Famous experiments and research indicate that a chapati maker can produce more chapatis as compared to manually rolled ones. There is hardly any difference in quality and quantity.
Couples in most middle-class families in the United States work and generally don’t employ cooks. People usually come home to kitchenettes and whip up healthy meals. Chapati makers in the USA are gaining popularity. Chapati is a very healthy version of the bread. Great for wraps, rolls, and eating with lightly spiced vegetables. Chapati is a bit different from the bread baked in other parts of the world. Most bread-making involves using yeast. In this case, the dough is kneaded manually with freshly ground wheat flour and water. Therefore it is a healthier version.
Zimplistic, a Singapore based company, has created the Rotimatic Robotic Roti Maker. Chapatilovers no longer need to worry about kneading the dough with bare hands. The machine does it all.
Best Flatbread or Chapati maker in the USA
Rotimatic Robotic Roti Maker
Rotimatic Chapati maker is undoubtedly the best and one of its kind. Readily available in the U.S markets, this wonder kitchen appliance can also be bought online through Amazon.com.
- This is not merely a kitchen appliance. It happens to be the world’s first “flatbread making robot.”
- Artificial intelligence allows the Rotmatic to do everything from kneading wheat flour to churning out fresh, hot soft chapatis in a matter of 90 seconds.
- Since the Indian flatbread has many variations, this Chapati maker does not disappoint. It allows you to customize your roti by adjusting oil levels, thickness, baked, fried, etc. You can make practically everything with the help of this magic appliance – masala rotis, pizza bases, simple chapatis, paranthas, fried puris, and more.
- The best part of using this machine is that it can make much more than traditional Indian flatbreads. You can whip up Mexican tortillas or Arabian style khubz effortlessly. All you need to do is change the settings.
- It comes with a base warranty of 2 years.
- The appliance or robot has a robust and resilient design. It can be shifted if handled with a little care with zero damage.
- The only disadvantage that one can think of is that this wonder robot is available only in the United States of America.
Why Rotimatic Robotic Roti Maker?
Rolling this special Indian style bread is an art, and not everyone is proficient at it. And what’s the fun of eating a chapatti that doesn’t look like one! Who has the time and energy to learn how to roll one? Here comes in the modern chapati maker. The perfect solution! Usually, discs of the kneaded dough are placed on a hard flat surface and manually rolled.
In an ordinary chapati maker, all you need do is place the rolled dough disc on the plate and bring down the hydraulic press. But Zimplistic’s Chapati maker does it all even mixing the dough! This artificially, intelligent kitchen robot can do wonders. This includes everything from mixing ingredients, kneading the dough, rolling perfect round dough discs, flattening them into ideal round bread, and roasting them. All without any human effort or manual activity!
General Advantages of using a Chapati maker in the USA
- Traditional Indian gas stoves are not used in kitchens in the United States. Induction cooking plates and new cooking ranges are standard, though. Traditional Indian tawas don’t work. But then that can never stop chapati lovers from making and eating hot, soft, round and fresh rotis! Chapati makers are a natural solution to the problem.
- Chapati makers are sold with shockproof handles. Therefore you can make Indian flatbreads without worrying about getting heat shocks while cooking.
- These modern kitchen appliances come with specially designed plates that are non-sticky and safe. All you need do is place a perfectly hand-rolled dough on the plate and press the top, and voila! Your chapati is ready in seconds!
- These machines come with indicator lights. So you don’t have to worry about turning off the cooking range on time. These machines have been built after considerable research. Rotis come out well if cooked at the right temperature. If undercooked, they taste horrible and raw, overcooked or burnt rotis are best dumped in the bin. Therefore, it is essential to regulate the temperature. Chapati makers are designed to do that automatically. Machine-Made chapati is much better and softer.
Is a Roti Maker or Chapati maker Good for Health?
Well before buying an appliance that would deal with your food, it is necessary to make sure that it is safe and good for health. The concern is totally valid. But I would say that Roti makers are totally safe for your health if they are branded and bought from a trusted source. And if you are going with the above-listed chapati maker then you are good to go. I have made a detailed post whether or not chapati makers are good for health, you can go through it for more details.
Buying a roti maker is a good investment. There was a time when food processors, mixers, grinders, microwaves, and other kitchen appliances were a luxury, but modern lifestyles have led to changed outlooks. People no longer spend that kind of time in the kitchen. At the same time, most don’t like to compromise with the quality and quantity of food. Bread is special; almost all cultures have a unique signature variety. For example the French baguette, can you imagine a French meal without one!
An appliance such as the chapati maker is a readymade solution. Modern versions are equipped with systems that can make different variants of the Indian flatbread. Traditionally, flatbreads are stuffed with vegetables, or even fried. Some machines can also do that, so one mustn’t think twice before investing in one. Generally, these machines come in affordable varieties and have a good shelf life. So I hope with our help you were able to find the best chapati maker in the USA. If you think there are more, kindly comment down below and we would review it.