The last few decades have revolutionized urban kitchens in India. Homemakers are freely investing in work-friendly modular kitchens fitted with modern appliances. Induction cookers, mixers, food processors, toasters, chimneys, and salad makers are common. And dough maker is the next best thing! So let’s look into some best dough maker for chapati making.
Havells Prohygiene GHFMGAYW050 500 Watt Atta Maker
Your search for an electric dough kneader ends here. Havells is fitted with an electric motor that powers the blades to make the dough. It is perfect for older people who live alone and eat rotis regularly. After all, one cannot always depend upon a maidservant to come in and knead the dough. Besides doughmaking, the machine comes with extra attachments that can be used as a vegetable chopper. It is excellent for working couples, old persons, and bachelors.
- Two speed with pulse
- Large capacity 2-liter bowl
- Ideal for chopping and kneading
- High-grade stainless steel chopping blade
- Power: 500 watts
- Hands down the best Dough Maker in India for making chapati and roti.
Sunbeam Stand Mixer
The Sunbeam is one of the most popular dough makers available in the Indian market today. It comes with 350wats of mixing power. The motor can be adjusted for 12 different speeds. The central bowl is placed in such a way that it facilitates smooth batter churning and less splattering. Sunbeam is much more than just a dough maker. You can actually whip up desserts, salads, and more with the appliance.
- 350 watts of mixing power.
- Twelve different speeds settings to help you with doughmaking.
- Soft start technology helps minimize splatters and mess on the counter by gently accelerating to the selected speed.
- Synchronized 3-way mixing action incorporates ingredients easily while off-center bowl positioning makes it easy to add ingredients and helps reduce buildup on the sides of the bowl.
Tossa Dough Maker
If you are someone who values simplicity yet like to get things done systematically, Tossa Dough Maker is the thing for you. This is the best non-electric dough maker for making chapati It is an affordable option and a great way to knead dough in lesser time. It’s an excellent looking appliance, designed aesthetically, and reasonably priced. The best part is that it is easy to clean. Therefore it can be maintained.
- Comparatively lightweight, the Tossa Dough Maker is easy to handle.
- It comes with a see-through lid. The detachable lid can be lifted while cooking to add water.
- The appliance can be cleaned easily with a soft wet cloth.
- The device is made up of food-grade plastic.
- The dough maker comes with a set of measuring cups.
Annapurna Atta Dough Maker Machine
Annapurna atta maker operated manually, and you don’t need electricity. The device is sleek and easy to use. You can knead about 400 grams of flour at a time. The appliance comes with several measuring cups and a container to store the dough. This maker is lightweight and doesn’t require electricity, which makes it more convenient for traveling.
- The Annapurna Atta Dough maker is light in weight
- It comes with a see-through lid. The lid has a small opening through which you can add water to the dough.
- Time-saving and can be operated manually.
- It can be used to make butter, lassi, and milkshakes, as well.
- Easy to use.
- It comes in a sleek design.
- Approx maximum capacity: – 400gms floor.
- Besides the dough maker, the box comes with a set of measuring cups.
ClicQware Atta Dough Maker
ClicQware atta dough maker comes with a container, transparent lid, and a measuring cup. The device is great for kneading the dough, although it doesn’t come with too many extra attachments.
- The pack comes with 1 Mixture, one atta maker, three measuring cups (Flour, water, oil), one handle
- It’s made up of virgin plastic
- Comes with a transparent Lid for visibility
- Easy to wash
Clearline Dough Kneader
This simple dough maker comes with all the gears for kneading the dough. It is automatic and requires minimal effort to operate. The mixing bowl is non-stick, so the dough won’t stick to the sides. The timer ensures that the dough is not over churned.
The best part of using this device is that it is fully automatic. So all you need do is measure the right amount of atta and water, add it to the bowl, close the lid and press a button. The timer will indicate when your dough is ready. With so many features it’s not a surprise that its one of the best dough makers for chapati and roti making.
- Technical specs: 650 watts, 230 V, 50 Hz
- Powerful 650-watt Motor
- Capacity of 3-litre
- Non-stick coated bowl
- Dual Lid
- 15 Min automatic Timer
- Dimensions – 38 * 22* 24 cm , weight – 3.2 kg
Phillips Daily Collection HR7627/00 650 W Mini Food Processor
As the name suggests, the Phillips Daily Collection is a lot more than a mere dough maker. It can easily be used as a chopper, grater and a blender. It comes with a set of parts that can be fitted according to your needs. They are detachable and easy to clean.
The mini food processor comes with powerful SuperChop technology. It is effortless to slice, dice chops and grates hard and soft food ingredients. It can mix batters and purees in no time. The dough maker or mini food processor is designed to reduce manual labor.
- It comes with a big 2.1-liter bowl.
- It comes with dual speed control settings.
- SuperChop Technology For Multiple Functions.
- Powerful Motor.
- Non-slip Feet And Easy-to-clean.
- Runs on 650W power.
Inalsa Nexa 600 Watt Atta Maker Cum Chopper
Again not just a dough maker but a chopper as well. The Inalsa Nexa comes in an elegant shockproof design. It has indicators that help you figure whether the bowl is overloaded. Made of excellent quality plastic, which makes it more durable. It’s not simply a dough maker. It is a chopper, blender, and grinder.
- Mincing And Whipping
- Chopping and Grinding
- Can be used for Pureeing & Blending
- Can be used for Wet Grinding & Chutney Grinder
- Power Consumption: 600 W
Ken Berry KB 1003 Dough Maker Atta Kneader
If you are someone who feels comfortable with a manual dough maker, then the Ken Berry KB 1003 is for you. It can be operated with minimum effort and is beautifully designed, in fact even a kid can make dough with this. It comes with other fittings, including a chopper and a beater. You can use it for other purposes as well. It can easily be used as a hand blender and a chopper.
The apparent advantage includes the fact that it acts as a mini food processor. So you can knead the dough, chop vegetables, blend and grind per need. It is so safe that children can operate the machine with minimum effort. Since it is a manually operated machine, it is not fully automatic.
- Made of Plastic
- Comes with 1 Main Unit, 1 Kneading Blade, 1 Beater Blade, 1 Chopping Blade, 1 Floor Shifter
One-Stop-Shop Slings Dough Atta Maker
This product is top-rated. It is made with BPA free recycled plastic. It has a sleek user-friendly design. This eco-friendly product does its job marvelously.
- Made from Virgin plastic.
- It has a transparent Lid for visibility.
- It comes with one atta maker, three measuring cups.
- Shockproof and smooth-rolling handle.
- Easy to use and clean.
Importance of Dough Maker
Conventionally, Indian women have been spending their entire lives in the kitchen. Indians cook elaborate many course meals. As a result, homemakers, at times, spend the entire day in the kitchen.
Appliances have changed all that. Chopping vegetables, grinding spices, and whipping up fancy meals have become more comfortable. Women have leisure without compromising with quality and quantity. Rice and chapati have always been an essential part of the staple diet in the Indian sub-continent. We Indians like to eat hot fresh chapatis with each meal.
Kneading the dough is not an easy task. It is an exercise of sorts. Working couples get their cooks to knead the dough as the process is time-consuming and messy. The quality of the dough and kneading process impact the ultimate softness of the roti. Therefore it is essential to learn how to knead in the first place. In today’s modern world, that may not be a priority for anyone unless he/she has a passion for cooking. Innovators have always believed that if there is a problem, it is nothing but a ‘masked social demon’ and an opportunity.
Why is dough maker important?
In the current context, when most urban families are nuclear units, appliances such as the dough maker become not an option but a necessity. With most members working, it becomes challenging to whip up a decent traditional meal. Most dough makers are not just used for kneading the dough. They double up as grinders, mixers, even juicers. You can also make buttermilk and lassi with a dough maker. Quite a few people have ailments that make them weak and unable to knead dough effectively. Appliances such as these make life easier. Kneading the dough for rotis is a time-consuming process. Using a processor brings down the time and lessens the effort by half.
How to choose the correct dough maker?
There are several types of dough makers available in the market. You should invest in one based on your needs and requirement. They come in different sizes and capacities. For those buying for commercial reasons, there are specialized machines designed to knead large amounts of dough at a time. If you wish to buy one for home use, you can go with anyone listed above.
If you are planning to get a dough maker, consider getting a roti maker too. You can go through 10 best Roti makers in India where I have even explained how roti makers work and how useful they are.
To conclude, the one fact we cannot ignore is that machines have made life easier for us. Doughmakers and mini food processors are no more a luxury. Doughmakers save a lot of time and energy. They come in different shapes, varieties, and sizes. You need to pick the best dough maker for chapati that suits your purpose.