A roti maker is one of the most amazing inventions of all time. It helps you prepare soft and fresh rotis faster. In this busy world, most of the people do not have much time to prepare a whole meal consisting of chapattis or rotis twice a day for themselves or their family. A roti maker comes handy in such cases. A roti maker is an electrical appliance that makes the roti making process much more comfortable. It does not include any grinding or rolling.
Gone are the days where you take all the trouble of rolling, grinding, and preparing the rotis. A roti maker works on pressure and heat. It allows the rotis to be prepared in no time and with very fewer efforts. Using a roti maker is like opting for a healthy lifestyle as it requires minimum usage of oil and saves time, energy, and gas. It is made up of a stainless steel material, which makes it shockproof. It is designed to make round shaped rotis and evenly distribute the heat, making rotis well cooked and good for digestion.
The benefits of using Roti Maker
- You can get well-cooked & perfect-shaped chapattis.
- You can make use of the machine in more than one way.
- It saves a great deal of your time & effort.
- The best part about this appliance is that you no longer need to add ghee or oil to the dough as the pans of the machine are nonsticky.
- Making one roti will take not even a minute.
- Rotis made with roti makers are good for health and digestion.
- Suitable capacity: Being an electronic machine, it needs less workforce in the process, but it sure can do the work of many people at once.
- Easy to use: A roti maker is one of the most straightforward appliances to use. It is portable and can be easily carried anywhere anytime. All you need to do is add freshly prepared dough on it and heat it up to get some delicious and soft rotis.
- Easy to maintain: As the roti maker is just one machine used in the process of making rotis, it is effortless to clean and maintain it. It’s quite easy to clean a roti maker too.
- Consumes less power: Being an electrical appliance, it saves gas.
- Affordable: Many people have a misconception about the cost of a roti maker and do not end up buying one thinking it may be too expensive. But in reality, it’s much more affordable. You can get a roti maker from a good brand in approximate ₹2000.
- Safe to use: As a roti maker works wonders for you, it is also safe to use. Good brand roti makers have a fantastic feature of a shockproof handle that protects from any accident.
- Hygienic: Roti maker is equally sanitary to use. As you add all the ingredients yourself, it makes it as easy and hygienic to be used.
With tons of advantages and benefits, there are very few disadvantages of roti makers.
Not only can you use this machine to make chapattis at home, but you can also prepare dosas, khakhras, and much more. Here are a few things that are most frequently made by using this magical user-friendly machine.
How to use a Roti Maker?
Using Roti Maker is as easy as anything. Turn the machine on and wait for just about five minutes to let it be heated up. Place a dough ball (donda hua atta) on the lower surface and close the upper lid. This will make the dough ball circular. Rise the upper lid and let the roti heat, make sure to turn the roti upside down. Close the upper lid, and fluffy, soft roti is ready in under a minute.
Step by step Guide:
- Open the upper lid and put the dough ball on the surface of the appliance.
- Close the upper lid in a swift motion, apply a little pressure, and raise it.
- Let roti makers apply equal heat on the dough.
- Turn the roti upside down from time to time, just like you do on regular gas.
- Close the lid.
- Soft and fluffy is ready to serve.
You can refer to this detailed guide with a video of how does a roti maker works.
Who can benefit from this appliance?
Do you hate making chapattis, puris, parathas, dosas, and all that stuff, but you love eating them? If that’s the case, then the roti maker is just made for you.
You know how to make roti, but the problem is with making round and circular rotis. With the help of this appliance, you can easily make circular rotis.
Are you a busy working wife with a professional job to do and often fail to manage time to make Rotis on time for your children? If your answer is in the affirmative, you need to buy Roti Maker today.
Are you a man living out of your native city where you wish to roll each dough ball to the right circle? If you are, Roti Maker has fixed your problem with a bang.
There’s a common misconception that the appliance needs a gas supply and cannot work without it. While the fact is that it is an electrical machine, and it doesn’t require any gas.
Another misconception is that it takes agonizingly more time to make roti on a roti maker than on the gas stove. This is not at all true. I recently switched to this appliance and trust me, it saves a huge chunk of your time.
There’s no shortage of fake Roti Maker machines in the market. However, you need to make sure that you are going to buy a high-quality machine from a reliable online retailer so that you can get the best value for your money. You can get a high quality, branded roti maker from Amazon or Flipkart too. You can refer to these 10 best roti makers in India for a better range.
I hope all your doubts are cleared about what is a roti maker and how to use it. It is, without a doubt, the most accessible and most comfortable appliance to use. It is a handy appliance, especially for people who live far away from their homes for work or education and crave the taste of homemade food. A lot of working women and homemakers have also benefitted by this appliance as it saves a lot of time.